Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 is intended for the skilled workers, working in a regional area of Australia to let them work and live here permanently. However, there are certain requirements to fulfill to get this visa grant. All you need is follow the directions accordingly and ensure that you qualify for the given eligibility criteria.
Don’t be intimidated or discouraged by the conditions, requirements and eligibility terms you need to meet in order to obtain this permanent visa. That’s what this page is designed for—to guide you through the process of applying for this visa. All you need is follow the directions accordingly and ensure that you qualify for the given eligibility criteria. All you need is follow the directions accordingly and ensure that you qualify for the given eligibility criteria.
Who is the right candidate to apply for this visa?
The applicants who qualify the below requirements can apply for the Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 in Australia:
- Be a holder of subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487; or a Bridging visa A or B following your application for a subclass 489, 495 or 497 visas
- Have stayed in a specific regional area of Australia for at least 2 years
- Have worked as a full-time employee in a specific regional area for at least 1 year
What a Regional Sponsor Visa holder can do in Australia?
The Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 allows you to stay, work and study in Australia permanently. Other than this you may also enroll in Australia’s health care scheme known as Medicare. Later when you qualify you can apply for Australian citizenship and sponsor your eligible relatives’ permanent residence in Australia.
General eligibility measures of this visa
An Applicant can be eligible to apply for Skilled Regional Subclass 190 Visa if they have stayed in a regional area of Australia and fulfill the following criteria:
- Must hold a valid visa (as mentioned above) to apply
- Must fulfill the health requirements
- Must fulfill the character requirements
- You must have arranged to repay (if not yet paid) any outstanding balance to the Australian government, if any
- You will not be qualified for this visa if you have had a cancelled or refused visa during your stay in Australia
Share this information with your friends:
Get Advice From Our Experts
General Question and Answers for 887 Visa
How long can I stay in Australia with this visa?
Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 is a permanent visa; hence it lasts forever. It takes in effect from the date of visa grant.
How long will it take to process this visa application?
75 percent of the Skilled Visa 887 applications gets processed within nine months while 90 percent gets process within 11 months.
Will this visa affect my travel plans?
No. The visa lets one travel within and outside Australia as often and as much as he wants for up to five (5) years after the grant of visa.
How much will it cost to apply for this visa?
The Skilled Visa application costs around AUD $385
Can I apply for this visa from my home country?
No. The applicant of Subclass 887 Visa must lodge an application from Australia and must also be here when the decision on their application is made.