The Australian organization can bring overseas workers to Australia with Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 when they fail to employ a skilled Australian worker to fulfill the required position. Generally, this temporary visa aims to fulfill the labour shortage in Australia. With this visa you can work in your relevant occupation under three streams– Short-Term Stream, Medium-Term Stream and Labour-Agreement Stream.
Who is the right candidate to apply for this visa?
The applicants who qualify the below requirements can apply for the Temporary Skilled Shortage Visa in Australia:
- The applicant must be invited for occupation by an approved Australian business
- Must possess the qualification and skills required for the nominated position.
- Must fulfil the requirements of the applied stream
What a Skill Shortage Visa holder can do in Australia?
The Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 allows you to live and work in Australia till the valid visa period. You can also include your family members in your visa application to live and work while in Australia. This visa also entitles you to travel in and out of Australia any number of times from the date visa is been granted
General eligibility measures of this visa
The Applicants can be eligible to apply for Temporary Skilled Shortage Visa Subclass 482 if they have been nominated by the sponsoring business owner and meet the following criteria:
- The proposed sponsor (an approved sponsor) is ready to file an application for you.
- You demonstrate proficiency in the English Language. You must be able to read, write and understand sufficient English.
- Show evidence of relevant skills for the nominated position. Documents may include a resume, qualification certificates, employment references and license proof.
- Meet the minimum standards of health and demonstrate evidence of appropriate health insurance.
- Must satisfy the subsequent character requirements.
Share this information with your friends:
Get Advice From Our Experts
General Question and Answers for 482 Visa
How much will it cost to apply for this visa?
The estimate cost to apply for Temporary Work Visa in Australia for short-term stream is AUD 1,175. The cost for medium-term and labour agreement is AUD 2400. The applicant may bear other costs such as police certificate and health examination.
What is the maximum age limit for this visa?
There is no age limit to apply for the temporary Skill Shortage Visa 482.
For how long I can stay in Australia on this temporary work visa?
You can stay for 1 to 4 years in Australia based on visa stream and nominated occupation. You will get the duration mentioned in the visa grant notification.
How long will it take to process this visa application?
- Short-term Stream: 11 to 18 days
- Medium-Term Streams: 11 to 17 days
What are the steps to apply for the temporary work visa in Australia?
The visa lodgement process for TSS Visa 482 involves three steps:
- Sponsorship application by the proposed sponsor
- The employer files a nomination application for skilled occupation for the worker
- Filing a visa application by the candidate
Can I include my family members in the visa application?
Yes. You can include family members such as children, partners/spouses when lodging TSS visa application. Your family members can work unlimited and avail study opportunities. Adequate evidence of relationship is mandatory.
Do I have to be in Australia to apply for this visa?
Not mandatory, the applicants can apply for temporary skilled shortage visa both from inside and outside of Australia.
Exception: Applicants cannot apply for short-term TSS if
- They stayed in Australia at the time when the latest TSS visa application was filed.
- They have had TSS short-term stream visa more than once.
What are the required documents to apply for TSS Visa?
Documents about identity, English Language competency, occupation, skills, health, a testimony of family members and character certificates are required.
How to apply for the visa?
Make an online request to apply for this visa. Get the TRN (Transaction Reference Number) from your sponsoring employer. Enter relevant details and pay the application fee.
Provided information should not be taken as exhaustive, additional requirements for the visa do apply. Visa requirements may differ as per individual circumstances. For your eligibility assessment visit one of our qualified professionals.