Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 187 Visa entitles the business owners to recruit the skilled workers from overseas to fill the positions that cannot be fulfilled through the local labour market.
With Migration Scheme Subclass 187 Visa you can work in Australia under two streams: Direct Entry Stream and Temporary Residence Transition Stream.
Who is the right candidate to apply for this visa?
The applicants who qualify the below requirements can apply for the Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme Visa in Australia:
- Must be below 45 years of age
- Be nominated for a position in regional Australia by an authorized Australian organization
- Possess the relevant skills and qualifications for the nominated position
What a Regional Sponsor Visa holder can do in Australia?
The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 187 Visa holders are allowed to live, work and study in a regional Australia (Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Norfolk Island, South Australia, Victoria, Tasmania, and Queensland) indefinitely.
Other than this you can enroll yourself in Australia’s healthcare scheme (Medicare), sponsor your eligible family members for PR in Australia and once you qualify you can even lodge an application for Australian citizenship.
General eligibility measures of this visa
The Applicants can be eligible to apply for Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 187 Visa only when they have been nominated by the sponsoring business owner and meet the following criteria:
- Secure sponsorship from an approved Australian organization along with the approval of nomination within six months of application. It is necessary to apply for the same stream for which you have been nominated by your employer else the application could be cancelled.
- Must be proficient in English language for TRT and DE stream. Language competency vary depending on the chosen stream
- Must undergo health examinations to ensure they meet the minimum health standards. Health requirements depend on the visa stream you have applied for. A proof of adequate health insurance is obligatory for a stay in Australia.
- Must possess a good code of conduct and satisfy the character requirements. You need to present a police clearance certificate from the country where you have stayed for a year or more after the age of 16.
Share this information with your friends:
Get Advice From Our Experts
General Question and Answers for 186 Visa
How much will it cost to apply for this visa?
The estimate cost of RSMS Subclass 187 Visa is AUD 3,755
For how long I can stay in Australia on this visa?
Since Regional Subclass 187 Visa is a permanent resident visa you can live in Australia indefinitely with this visa.
How long will it take to process this visa application?
The processing duration of different visa stream is as under:
- Temporary Residence Transition Stream: 12 to 13 months
- Direct Entry Stream: 21 to 23 months
- Agreement Stream: Unavailable (due to few number of applications)
How to select the visa stream?
Temporary Residence Transition Stream: Holders of Temporary Skilled Work Visa (Subclass 457) and TSS (Temporary Skill Shortage Subclass 482) can apply under TRT stream. The applicant must have worked for the employer for the nominated position.
Direct Entry Stream: If applicants fail to meet the conditions of TRT, then they can apply for the DE stream.
Note: The employer must sponsor the applicant for permanent residence.
What are the steps to apply for this visa?
The visa lodgement process has two steps:
- Nomination by Australian Sponsor
- Application for the nominated stream
Can I include my family member in the visa application?
Yes. You can include family members such as partner, children/step-children or children of their partners in your RSMS Visa application. Proper proof of relationship is mandatory.
Do I have to be in Australia to apply for this visa?
No. You can apply for RSMS Visa from in or outside of Australia.
Provided information should not be taken as exhaustive, additional requirements for the visa do apply. Visa requirements may differ as per individual circumstances. For your eligibility assessment visit one of our qualified professionals.