The Partner Visa lets an Australian citizen’s or Australian permanent resident’s partner or spouse to live in Australia. Even the spouse or partner of an eligible citizen of New Zealand can lawfully stay in the country with this visa. The Partner Visa Australia can be a permanent or a temporary one, depending on the need, purpose or reason of stay in this country. Conditions, fees and eligibility vary too, according to the type of Partner Visa being obtained. For one who has an Australian partner, it is essential that you know which kind of visa you will need.

If you wish to join your partner in Australia, partner visas are for you. You must also be at least 18 years old and meet health and character requirements.

Categories of Partner visa:

Partner Visa applications can be grouped based on subclasses, but for easier understanding, they can be divided into two: for applicants within Australia and for applicants outside Australia.

Temporary Partner Visa (Subclass 820)

One who is granted the Temporary Partner Visa Subclass 820 can lawfully stay in Australia until a decision on his/her partner permanent visa (subclass) 801 is made. This visa also grants permission to live and work in Australia.

Permanent Visa (Subclass 801)

Partner Visa Subclass 801 is a permanent resident visa which allows the applicant already onshore to live indefinitely in Australia with their spouse or de facto partner.

Partner (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 309)

Partner Visa Subclass 309 lets the spouse or partner of an Australian Citizen, permanent resident of Australia, or an eligible citizen of New Zealand, to live lawfully in Australia. This temporary visa is issued while processing of the permanent visa is ongoing.

Partner (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 100)

Partner Visa Subclass 100 is intended for offshore applicants, this visa grants the eligible partner permanent residence in Australia. This Partner Visa also lets you sponsor eligible family members to migrate to Australia as a permanent resident.

Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)

Visa Subclass 300 can be obtained if you are above 18 years of age intend to marry your prospective spouse. This visa allows you to travel to Australia and stay in the country for up to 9 months.

Share this information with your friends:

Get Advice From Our Experts

Contact us on (08) 6245 1247
To make an Appointment

How Migration Lawyer Perth can help you?

Our team of expert migration agents have skillfully dealt with clients from different nations and cultural backgrounds and have done the evaluation on the case of our clients including their personal conditions. Once the evaluation is done we then recommend them to obtain the Partner Visa, whichever is applicable. We help you join your spouse, fiancé or de facto partner by providing you a comprehensive checklist and preparing a valid visa file addressing all the legislations required.

If you wish to apply for any of the Partner Visa stream, we at Migration Lawyer Perth can help you obtain it. Visit us at your nearest office or fill out the inquiry form and send us your query. One of our team members will get in touch with you shortly.