Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 Visa

The Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 Visa is granted to skilled workers who want to seek permanent residence in Australia. Business owners can sponsor overseas skilled workers for full-time occupation under the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186). One can apply for Temporary Residence Transition Stream, Direct Entry Stream or Labour Agreement Visa Stream.

Skilled workers who want to secure permanent residence in Australia can apply for the Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 Visa.

Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 Visa FAQ's

Q.1 Who is the right candidate to apply for the Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 visa?

The applicants must qualify for the below requirements to apply for the Employer Sponsored Visa in Australia:

  • You are below 45 years of age at the time of application
  • Have been nominated for a relevant occupation by an approved Australian employer
  • Received approval of nomination within 6 months before lodgement of visa
  • Possess the required skills for the applied position including license or registration

Q.2 What an Employer Nomination Visa holder can do in Australia?

The Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 allows skilled workers to stay in Australia indefinitely. They can move to and from Australia for a span of 5 years after the visa has been granted. The visa holders can even sponsor their family members for permanent residence in Australia and apply for citizenship (depending on eligibility).

Q.3 What are the eligibility criteria for this visa?

The Applicants can be eligible to apply for ENS Visa 186 only when they have been nominated by the sponsoring business owner and meet the following criteria:

  • Possess competent English skills
  • Pass the character test. They must be clear of criminal records, migration detention, and offensive convictions.
  • Must possess the relevant skill for the nominated occupation.
  • Valid documentation representing three years of work experience is compulsory.

Q.4 How long can I stay in Australia with an Employer Nomination Subclass 186 visa?

With Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 you can stay in Australia permanently.

Q.5 What is the cost of applying for this visa?

The 186 Visa application cost AUD 3,755

Q.6 What is the processing duration for this visa?

The processing duration for Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 Visa varies according to the stream:

  • Temporary Residence Transition Stream: 12 to 13 months
  • Direct Entry Stream: 11 to 18 months
  • Labour Agreement Stream: 12 to 13 months

 Q.7 Who can be included in your visa application?

You can include your partner (married or de facto), child/step-child or child/step-child of your partner. Your visa application must include verification of their relationship with you.

 Q.8 Can I apply for ENS visa from outside of Australia?

Yes. You can apply for the ENS visa from in or out of Australia. However, if you reside in Australia at the time of lodgement, you must possess bridging visa A, B or C or a substantive visa.

Q.9 Do I need to inform about changes after lodging the application?

Yes, you need to inform about the changes in the set of conditions after you have filed an application. The changes could be birth, death, marriage, divorce, separation, new address or passport.

Q.10 Under which stream can I apply for the employer sponsored visa?

You can apply for the Temporary Residence Transition Stream (TRT) if you have worked full-time in Australia and possess either of the following:

  • Temporary Skill Shortage Subclass 482
  • Temporary Work Visa Subclass 457

If you fall through the requirements of TRT stream, you can apply for the Direct Entry Stream provided your employer wants to sponsor you.

You can apply for the Labour Agreement Stream if your employer has engaged in a labour agreement with the Division that offers a pathway for permanent residence.

REQUEST A QUOTE NOW! Complete the form below for a fast response

  • I brought my work visa case to Migration Lawyers Perth WA. They listened me carefully and explained me all the procedures nicely. The lawyer here was very patient, responsible and professional. I have received great support from them. I am very happy that my problem is finally solved. If you have any difficulty in your visa, I recommend Migration Lawyers Perth WA. They have a very long years of experience!

    Betsy Amanda
  • I recommend Migration Lawyers in Perth. For any migration and immigration matters in Perth – call Migration Lawyers Perth. They are the best ones to deal with.

    Thomas Mathew
  • Very good service from Migration Lawyers Perth is submitting all my documents for the 485 Graduate visa.The process was very quick .Credit to esteemed Migration Lawyer in Perth.They guided me with right information and replied to my email promptly.

    Linnea Gomez
Migration Lawyers Perth Wa Have Been Helping You Take Control Of Your Outcome.
Copyright © Migration Lawyers Perth.
All Rights Reserved
Enquire Now
Call Us Now