The Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 Visa is granted to the skilled workers who want to seek permanent residence in Australia. Business owners can sponsor overseas skilled workers for full-time occupation under the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186). One can apply for Temporary Residence Transition Stream, Direct Entry Stream or Labour Agreement Visa Stream.
Skilled workers who want to secure permanent residence in Australia can apply for the Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 Visa.
Who is the right candidate to apply for this visa?
The applicants must qualify the below requirements to apply for the Employer Sponsored Visa in Australia:
- You are below 45 years of age at the time of application
- Have been nominated for a relevant occupation by an approved Australian employer
- Received approval of nomination within 6 months before lodgement of visa
- Possess required skills for the applied position including license or registration
What an Employer Nomination Visa holder can do in Australia?
The Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 allows the skilled workers to stay in Australia indefinitely. They can move to and from Australia for a span of 5 years after the visa has been granted. The visa holders can even sponsor their family members for permanent residence of Australia and apply for citizenship (depending on eligibility).
General eligibility measures of this visa
The Applicants can be eligible to apply for ENS Visa 186 only when they have been nominated by the sponsoring business owner and meet the following criteria:
- Possess competent English skills
- Pass the character test. They must be clear of criminal records, immigration detention, and offensive convictions.
- Must possess the relevant skill for the nominated occupation.
- A valid documentation representing three years of work experience is compulsory.
Share this information with your friends:
Get Advice From Our Experts
General Question and Answers for 186 Visa
How long can I stay in Australia with this visa?
With Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 you can stay in Australia permanently.
What is the cost of applying for this visa?
The 186 Visa application cost AUD 3,755
What is the processing duration for this visa?
The processing duration for Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 Visa varies according to the stream:
- Temporary Residence Transition Stream: 12 to 13 months
- Direct Entry Stream: 11 to 18 months
- Labour Agreement Stream: 12 to 13 months
Who can be include in your visa application?
You can include your partner (married or de facto), child/step-child or child/step-child of your partner. Your visa application must include verification of their relationship with you.
Can I apply for ENS visa from outside of Australia?
Yes. You can apply for the ENS visa from in or out of Australia. However, if you reside in Australia at the time of lodgement, you must possess bridging visa A, B or C or substantive visa.
Do I need to inform about changes after lodging the application?
Yes, you need to inform about the changes in the set of conditions after you have filed an application. The changes could be birth, death, marriage, divorce, separation, new address or passport.
Under which stream can I apply for the employer sponsored visa?
You can apply for the Temporary Residence Transition Stream (TRT) if you have worked fulltime in Australia and possess either of the following:
- Temporary Skill Shortage Subclass 482
- Temporary Work Visa Subclass 457
If you fall through the requirements of TRT stream, you can apply for the Direct Entry Stream provided your employer wants to sponsor you.
You can apply for the Labour Agreement Stream if your employer has engaged in a labour agreement with the Division that offers a pathway for permanent residence.