An individual can apply for Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190, if they have managed to secure the nomination by a territory government or Australian state to work and live in Australia. An expression of interest (EOI) is mandatory to submit through the Skill Select with complete details of your skills, qualifications and nominated occupation. Post getting your EOI, the skill selects than makes an aggregate of the points score and then the state, as well as the territory government agencies decides for your nomination if your score is high enough to secure the position.
Who is the right candidate to apply for this visa?
The applicants who qualify the below requirements can apply for the Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 in Australia:
- have a related occupation
- have the appropriate skills evaluation for the occupation
- meet the points test pass grade of 60 points
- be nominated by a territory government agency or the Australian state
- be less than 45 years of age at the time of invitation
What a Regional Sponsor Visa holder can do in Australia?
The Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 allows you live, work and study in Australia permanently. However, certain conditions apply for you to be able to obtain the visa. You can even enroll in Australia’s healthcare scheme, known as Medicare, sponsor eligible relatives for Australia’s permanent residence and apply for an Australian citizenship, if qualified. This visa comes with an attached travel facility which lets you move from and to Australia for 5 years.
General eligibility measures of this visa
An Applicant can be eligible to apply for Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 Visa if they have been invited by the State or Territory Government and fulfill the following criteria:
- Have secured an invitation from state or territory agency
- Have high competency in English
- Must fulfill health requirements as stated by the Australian government
- Must have maintained good character
- You must have repaid or arranged to repay, any outstanding debts to the Australian government
- You might not be qualified to obtain the 190 Visa if you have had a visa refused or cancelled while you were in Australia
Share this information with your friends:
Get Advice From Our Experts
General Question and Answers for 186 Visa
How much will it cost to apply for this visa?
The estimated cost of Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 Visa application is AUD $ 3,755.
For how long I can stay in Australia on this visa?
Since Skilled Visa 190 is a permanent visa, it lasts forever. It takes in effect on its date of grant.
How long will it take to process this visa application?
75 percent of 190 Visa applications gets processed within six months and 90 percent gets process within seven months.
What happens after submission of visa application?
Once a high score is received related state and territory government agency can already view the EOI in Skill Select and decide for the nomination for the visa.
Can I include a family member in my visa application?
If you want to include a family member above 18 years of age than the candidate must either:
- Possess competent English skills or else;
- You must pay an additional fee
What is Expression of Interest?
Expression of Interest (EOI) consists the information about the applicant in detail such as field of work, skills etc. which lets the immigration authority of Australia know that you are interested in applying for this visa and helps them understand your profile to decide whether to nominate you or not for Skilled Visa 190.