Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 lets the international students who recently completed their graduation from an accredited Australian institute (minimum 2 years of the course), study further post their graduation. This visa intends to give an extended stay to the overseas students in Australia after their studies to work and study further which helps them boost their chances to become eligible for Australian skilled or permanent resident.
The Temporary 485 Visa can be availed for minimum 18 months to maximum 4 years depending on the circumstances and eligibility of an individual. Further this visa has two streams:
- Graduate work stream (18 months)
- Post-study work stream (two to four years)
Who is the right candidate to apply for this visa?
The applicants must qualify the below requirements to apply for the Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 in Australia:
- Be under 50 years of age
- Must have an eligible Australian visa
- Must have recently completed education from a CRICOS-registered institute in Australia
- Qualification must be relevant to a job on the list that is considered as skilled occupation or Graduate Work stream, or, must have obtained the Post-Study Work stream
What a Temporary Graduate Visa holder can do in Australia?
The Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 allows you to live, study and work for unlimited hours in Australia till the valid visa period. This visa comes with an attached travel facility to it which lets you travel in and outside of Australia for any number of times. With this visa one can stay in the country for a specific period of time:
- Stay for 18 months in Australia with this visa for the graduate work stream and;
- For the Post-Study Work stream, one can stay for up to 2 to 4 years more if she/he has the visa.
General eligibility measures of this visa
The Applicants can be eligible to apply for Temporary Graduate Subclass 485 Visa only when they fulfill the following criteria:
- Have completed at least 2 years of education in Australia from a CRICOS-registered institute
- Be able to fulfill character and health requirements
- Must enroll in Australian Health Insurance policy
- Any family member included in the application must also fulfill the health and character requirements
Share this information with your friends:
Get Advice From Our Experts
General Question and Answers for 485 Visa
What is the cost of applying for this visa?
The estimate cost of applying for this visa is around AUD1,535.
How long does it take to process this visa application?
- For the Graduate Work stream, application process takes 4-5 months.
- For the Post-Study Work stream, application process takes 34 days to 4 months days.
Do I need sponsorship from an Australian employer for this visa?
Employer sponsorship is not required to obtain this visa. However, you are responsible for securing your own employment if you wish to work while in Australia on this visa.
Do I need Skill assessment for this visa?
In case you apply for the graduate work stream you have to get a positive skill assessment. There are 485 Visa skill assessments for IT professionals, teachers, engineers, nurses and tradesmen. We work along with you to ensure that you meet the requirements.
What is English language requirement for this visa?
The temporary graduate or the Subclass 485 Visa applicants need to sit for an English IELTS or equivalent test. In case you do an IELTS test, you can score an average of 6.0 with 5.0 in each band.