What is the Australian 186 Visa?
One of the methods to gain permanent residency in Australia is through the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS). The 186 visa Australia gives a skilled worker, who has been nominated by an employer and any family members the authority to reside in the country.
The 186 visa process is two pronged:
- A visa application by a skilled overseas worker
- A nomination by an approved Australian employer
When applying under the Employer Nomination Scheme (186), the applicant has the choice to be in or outside Australia. In case the applicant is in Australia, s/he must have a valid visa or a bridging visa A, B or C. For any further explanation related to 186 Visa or assistance contact us.
There are three streams available under this visa.
1. Temporary Residence Transition
This stream is for current holders of subclass 457 visa. You will require two years of work under the same 457 sponsor/ the nominating employer.
2. The Direct Entry
This stream is for those applicants who have only briefly, or never, worked in Australia. You will need to pass the skill assessment test and have three years’ post-qualification work experience in your nominated occupation.
3. The Agreement stream
This is apt for individuals sponsored by an employer.
The visa 186 processing time under all three streams is given in the table below:
|Stream||75 per cent of applications processed||90 per cent of applications processed|
|Direct Entry||10 months||12 months|
|Agreement||5 months||7 months|
|Temporary Residence Transition||8 days||15 days|
Our migration lawyer, Perth, will be happy to guide you through all three streams. We are just a call away.
Enquire now for Free Consultation
please enter your details below
What are the 186 visa requirements?
To be eligible for the Employer Nomination Scheme you need to have these 186 visa requirements, unless you are exempt:
- Meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements. These will differ depending upon the stream you have applied under.
- You must be below 50 years of age for the Temporary Residency Transition stream.
- Be nominated by an approved Australian employer.
- Apply under the stream for which you were nominated.
- Meet mandatory health and character requirements.
We are always happy to clarify any doubt or queries. Please do not hesitate to call us or write to us.